What Type of Fabric is Polyester?
As a Printed Polyester Fabric Manufacturer, share with you.
Regardless of whether we are buying anything, we must first look at its material. When we buy clothes, there are often labels that say 100% polyester, what kind of fabric is 100% polyester. Is polyester fabric good? The following editor will tell you about this polyester fabric!
What type of fabric is polyester?
Hotel Bedsheet Fabric
Polyester is an important variety of synthetic fibers, and it is the trade name of polyester fiber in my country. It is a fiber-forming polymer made of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) or dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) and ethylene glycol (EG) through esterification or transesterification and polycondensation reaction- -Polyethylene terephthalate (PET), a fiber made by spinning and post-processing.
Features of polyester fabric
1. High intensity. The short fiber strength is 2.6～5.7cN/dtex, and the high tenacity fiber is 5.6～8.0cN/dtex. Due to its low hygroscopicity, its wet strength and dry strength are basically the same. The impact resistance is 4 times higher than nylon and 20 times higher than viscose fiber.
2. Good flexibility. The elasticity is close to that of wool, and it can almost completely recover when it stretches 5% to 6%. The wrinkle resistance exceeds other fibers, that is, the fabric does not wrinkle and has good dimensional stability. The modulus of elasticity is 22～141cN/dtex, which is 2～3 times higher than nylon.
3. Good heat resistance.
4. Good water absorption.
5. Good abrasion resistance. The abrasion resistance is second only to the best abrasion resistance nylon, better than other natural fibers and synthetic fibers.
6. Good light resistance. Lightfastness is second only to acrylic fiber.
7. corrosion resistance. It is resistant to bleaching agents, oxidants, hydrocarbons, ketones, petroleum products and inorganic acids. It is resistant to dilute alkali, not afraid of mildew, but hot alkali can make it decompose.
8. The dyeability is poor.
The so-called 100% polyester means that 100% of the fabrics contained in the clothes are polyester fabrics, but this is unrealistic. Generally, 80% polyester fabrics are very good. When you buy clothes, you should touch them with your hands. Touch, use the identification method of polyester fabric to distinguish the authenticity. The above is the knowledge of polyester fabrics that the editor brings to you, and I hope it can be helpful to everyone.
Our company also has Hotel Bedsheet Fabric on sale, please contact us.